CAG IN THE NEWS
- Guns or medical marijuana? Patients may have to choose August 9, 2017Every gun buyer fills out the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosive’s form 4473. It asks nine questions about your life like if you’re under indictment, have been convicted of stalking, a fugitive from justice, or mentally defective?
- Florida Governor Signs Medical Marijuana Legislation June 23, 2017Florida Gov. Rick Scott signed legislation Friday to implement the medical marijuana amendment voters approved last year. Amendment 2, approved by 71 percent of the voters in November, took effect on Jan. 3 and required that laws had to be in place by July 3 for how patients can qualify and ...
- Gov. Scott vetoes funding for marijuana researchJune 5, 2017Among the $409 million in projects vetoed by Governor Rick Scott, there were three items that would have provided over three million dollars to Moffitt Cancer Center and the University of Florida.
- Florida State loses millions in Scott vetoesJune 2, 2017Gov. Rick Scott used his line-item veto authority Friday to slice more than $410 million in local projects from the state budget.The move came hours after he brokered an agreement with the Senate President and House Speaker for a special session to increase spending on public schools and economic development.
- Florida’s Capital County’s wins and losses in state budgetView CAG News ArchiveMay 12, 2017There’s an inconvenient calculation at work when you add up Tallahassee and Leon County’s wins in the Florida Legislature. The capital city as a higher education center and home to thousands of public employees is solidly Democratic blue in a state led by a deep-red Republican Legislature.
- August 20, 2017 Democrat: Gillum asks FBI to move 'quickly' with local
- August 20, 2017 Democrat: Mayor Andrew Gillum calls for removal of Confederate
- August 20, 2017 AP: Black mayor: Remove Florida Capitol's Confederate monument
- August 20, 2017 DBNJ: Putnam monument quietly avoids controversy for now
- August 20, 2017 AP: Gay rights is personal for Florida gubernatorial
LATEST FROM TWITTER
- Gov. Scott vetoes funding for marijuana research