CAG IN THE NEWS
- Farmer sues over rights to medical marijuana license Sept. 22, 2017The Florida Department of Health was sued on Friday over who gets the Black Farmer’s medical marijuana vendors license. By law, licenses have less than two weeks to approve five new companies to grow and sell marijuana.
- Rangel: Are scare tactics behind Brevard medical marijuana moratorium? August 29, 2017Brevard County commissioners seem to be afraid of the bogeyman, at least when it’s in their backyard. More specifically, 122 feet from Chairman Curt Smith’s house and next door to the church where Vice Chair Rita Pritchett works and worships.
- Guns or medical marijuana? Patients may have to choose August 9, 2017Every gun buyer fills out the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosive’s form 4473. It asks nine questions about your life like if you’re under indictment, have been convicted of stalking, a fugitive from justice, or mentally defective?
- Florida Governor Signs Medical Marijuana Legislation June 23, 2017Florida Gov. Rick Scott signed legislation Friday to implement the medical marijuana amendment voters approved last year. Amendment 2, approved by 71 percent of the voters in November, took effect on Jan. 3 and required that laws had to be in place by July 3 for how patients can qualify and ...
- Gov. Scott vetoes funding for marijuana researchView CAG News ArchiveJune 5, 2017Among the $409 million in projects vetoed by Governor Rick Scott, there were three items that would have provided over three million dollars to Moffitt Cancer Center and the University of Florida.
- Gov. Scott vetoes funding for marijuana research
- October 19, 2017 Democrat: Proctor to Gillum: Suspend campaign for governor
- October 19, 2017 Times: Power struggle: Latvala targets Putnam's large donations
- October 19, 2017 Times: State House leader Corcoran urges Congress to
- October 19, 2017 NSF: State board approves schools for 'hope' money
- October 19, 2017 Times-Union: Duval misses first pass at Schools of