CAG IN THE NEWS
- Florida Governor Signs Medical Marijuana Legislation June 23, 2017Florida Gov. Rick Scott signed legislation Friday to implement the medical marijuana amendment voters approved last year. Amendment 2, approved by 71 percent of the voters in November, took effect on Jan. 3 and required that laws had to be in place by July 3 for how patients can qualify and ...
- Gov. Scott vetoes funding for marijuana researchJune 5, 2017Among the $409 million in projects vetoed by Governor Rick Scott, there were three items that would have provided over three million dollars to Moffitt Cancer Center and the University of Florida.
- Florida State loses millions in Scott vetoesJune 2, 2017Gov. Rick Scott used his line-item veto authority Friday to slice more than $410 million in local projects from the state budget.The move came hours after he brokered an agreement with the Senate President and House Speaker for a special session to increase spending on public schools and economic development.
- Florida’s Capital County’s wins and losses in state budgetMay 12, 2017There’s an inconvenient calculation at work when you add up Tallahassee and Leon County’s wins in the Florida Legislature. The capital city as a higher education center and home to thousands of public employees is solidly Democratic blue in a state led by a deep-red Republican Legislature.
- Florida House Makes Progress on Medical Marijuana BillView CAG News ArchiveMay 11, 2017Floridians eligible to receive medical marijuana would have to visit a doctor only once every seven months while the number of treatment centers would more than double under a bill passed by the House of Representatives on Tuesday.
- June 27, 2017 Times-Union: Scott signs education bills, vetoes lottery ticket
- June 27, 2017 NSF: Scott signs economic development, school funding bills
- June 27, 2017 Democrat: Gillum only official so far to acknowledge meeting
- June 27, 2017 Politico: As Putnam grinds on, potential rivals gear up
- June 27, 2017 NSF: Gov. Scott's attorneys defend vetoing of citrus tree
LATEST FROM TWITTER
- Gov. Scott vetoes funding for marijuana research