CAG IN THE NEWS
- A prime-time look at the 2018 Legislative Session Nov. 20, 2017A Senate budget subcommittee cleared the Florida Excellence in Higher Education Act of 2018, which would permanently expand Bright Futures Academic Scholar awards, among other things.
- Farmer sues over rights to medical marijuana license Sept. 22, 2017The Florida Department of Health was sued on Friday over who gets the Black Farmer’s medical marijuana vendors license. By law, licenses have less than two weeks to approve five new companies to grow and sell marijuana.
- Rangel: Are scare tactics behind Brevard medical marijuana moratorium? August 29, 2017Brevard County commissioners seem to be afraid of the bogeyman, at least when it’s in their backyard. More specifically, 122 feet from Chairman Curt Smith’s house and next door to the church where Vice Chair Rita Pritchett works and worships.
- Guns or medical marijuana? Patients may have to choose August 9, 2017Every gun buyer fills out the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosive’s form 4473. It asks nine questions about your life like if you’re under indictment, have been convicted of stalking, a fugitive from justice, or mentally defective?
- Florida Governor Signs Medical Marijuana Legislation June 23, 2017Florida Gov. Rick Scott signed legislation Friday to implement the medical marijuana amendment voters approved last year. Amendment 2, approved by 71 percent of the voters in November, took effect on Jan. 3 and required that laws had to be in place by July 3 for how patients can qualify and ... View CAG News Archive
- December 16, 2017 AP: Florida Gov. and House speaker reach deal over
- December 16, 2017 Times: Floridas $1.1 billion Hardest Hit Fund winding down
- December 16, 2017 Sun Sentinel: Congressional candidate accuses elections chief of wrongly
- December 16, 2017 Herald: U.S. deports twice as many Cubans in 2017
- December 16, 2017 Sun Sentinel: Do people get justice when judges and